BMW sDrive vs. xDrive: What's the Difference?
Shopping for a new BMW vehicle for your Corona commutes? You may be curious to know the difference between BMW sDrive vs. xDrive. BMW sDrive is a two-wheel drive system, while BMW xDrive is the BMW AWD system. Generally speaking, xDrive models tend to be more expensive than sDrive models, but if you live in an area that requires greater traction on the road, you may find it to be a worthy investment. Learn more about BMW sDrive and BMW xDrive with the team at BMW of Murrieta, below!
BMW sDrive is a drivetrain system that delivers power to only two wheels. Depending on which BMW model you choose, sDrive might be transmitting power to the front wheels, such as with the BMW X2 crossover SUV, or it might direct power to the rear wheels, such as with sportier models like the 7 Series, allowing for cleaner cornering and better handling in Riverside.
How does xDrive differ from other all-wheel drive systems? Standard on models like the BMW X5, the xDrive system uses intelligent all-wheel drive technology designed and engineered by expert BMW technicians:
- xDrive works in tandem with Dynamic Stability Control and monitors the road conditions in Ontario
- If a loss of traction is detected, the electronically controlled system sends power to the wheels or wheel with the most traction
- This works to help you stay in control and maintain confident handling when you’re behind the wheel in Murrieta
Which Models Are Available with BMW xDrive and BMW sDrive?
- Models with Standard BMW sDrive: BMW 7 series, X1, X2, X3, X6, Z4
- Models with Available BMW xDrive: BMW 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X1, X2, X3, X6
- Models with Standard BMW xDrive: X4, X5, X7, 8 Series
For a better understanding of how BMW sDrive vs. xDrive differ, take a look at how their specs compare on the BMW X1:
- BMW X1 sDrive – $34,950 MSRP: 228 hp, 0-60 mph in 6.6 seconds, 258 lb-ft of torque, 3,542 pounds curb weight
- BMW X1 xDrive – $36,950 MSRP: 228 hp, 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds, 258 lb-ft of torque, 3,697 pounds curb weight
- Both models feature a standard 8-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission with Sport and Manual modes
Compare BMW sDrive vs. xDrive at BMW of Murrieta
Having trouble determining whether BMW xDrive or sDrive is right for you? See how BMW AWD and two-wheel drive handle on the road when you head to BMW of Murrieta for a test drive! Contact us to set up your appointment today, and we’ll get you behind the wheel in no time. Before your visit, be sure to check out our new vehicle specials and apply for financing online to get pre-approved for your new BMW vehicle! While you’re at our showroom, you can learn more about other BMW features, such as BMW ConnectedDrive or the BMW 0 – 60 mph times.
Learn More at BMW of Murrieta
Have you always dreamed of driving a luxury BMW vehicle in Corona? If you’re shopping on a budget, you’d do well to consider the loaner cars for sale at BMW of Murrieta. What are the benefits of buying a loaner car from the dealer? For starters, you should know that when you buy a loaner car for…
BMW of Murrieta, now located at 41430 Auto Mall Parkway Murrieta, CA 92562, recently celebrated the grand opening of its beautiful new Southern California facility. At nearly 70,000 square feet, it is BMW’s most-advanced dealership to date with myriad customer amenities and state-of-the art technology. “Our company has had the privilege of doing business in California since 1983,” said Rick Hendrick, chairman of…
The 2019 BMW X3 can tow up to 4,400 pounds. This ability makes it perfect for drivers in the Corona area who are looking for a luxury SUV that does not sacrifice power and performance. Let’s take a closer look at the towing, payload, and performance capabilities of the exciting new X3. We want to…