BMW sDrive vs. xDrive: What's the Difference?
Shopping for a new BMW vehicle for your Corona commutes? You may be curious to know the difference between BMW sDrive vs. xDrive. BMW sDrive is a two-wheel drive system, while BMW xDrive is the BMW AWD system. Generally speaking, xDrive models tend to be more expensive than sDrive models, but if you live in an area that requires greater traction on the road, you may find it to be a worthy investment. Learn more about BMW sDrive and BMW xDrive with the team at BMW of Murrieta, below!
BMW sDrive is a drivetrain system that delivers power to only two wheels. Depending on which BMW model you choose, sDrive might be transmitting power to the front wheels, such as with the BMW X2 crossover SUV, or it might direct power to the rear wheels, such as with sportier models like the 7 Series, allowing for cleaner cornering and better handling in Riverside.
How does xDrive differ from other all-wheel drive systems? Standard on models like the BMW X5, the xDrive system uses intelligent all-wheel drive technology designed and engineered by expert BMW technicians:
- xDrive works in tandem with Dynamic Stability Control and monitors the road conditions in Ontario
- If a loss of traction is detected, the electronically controlled system sends power to the wheels or wheel with the most traction
- This works to help you stay in control and maintain confident handling when you’re behind the wheel in Murrieta
Which Models Are Available with BMW xDrive and BMW sDrive?
- Models with Standard BMW sDrive: BMW 7 series, X1, X2, X3, X6, Z4
- Models with Available BMW xDrive: BMW 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X1, X2, X3, X6
- Models with Standard BMW xDrive: X4, X5, X7, 8 Series
For a better understanding of how BMW sDrive vs. xDrive differ, take a look at how their specs compare on the BMW X1:
- BMW X1 sDrive – $34,950 MSRP: 228 hp, 0-60 mph in 6.6 seconds, 258 lb-ft of torque, 3,542 pounds curb weight
- BMW X1 xDrive – $36,950 MSRP: 228 hp, 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds, 258 lb-ft of torque, 3,697 pounds curb weight
- Both models feature a standard 8-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission with Sport and Manual modes
Compare BMW sDrive vs. xDrive at BMW of Murrieta
Having trouble determining whether BMW xDrive or sDrive is right for you? See how BMW AWD and two-wheel drive handle on the road when you head to BMW of Murrieta for a test drive! Contact us to set up your appointment today, and we’ll get you behind the wheel in no time. Before your visit, be sure to check out our new vehicle specials and apply for financing online to get pre-approved for your new BMW vehicle! While you’re at our showroom, you can learn more about other BMW features, such as BMW ConnectedDrive or the BMW 0 – 60 mph times.
Learn More at BMW of Murrieta
The 2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe is poised to bring searing new style and elevated performance to Corona streets. Everything down to the iconic BMW kidney grille has been completely reimagined. It’s the 4 Series like you’ve never seen before, and you can catch a glimpse of all that it has to offer in this…
The most powerful SUV in the BMW lineup, a new BMW X7 will bring incredible capability to your towing and hauling tasks in Murrieta. When you choose the range-topping ALPINA XB7 BMW SUV, towing capacity hits a maximum of 7,500 pounds – enough power to pull a large camper trailer. Even at the base xDrive40i…
The new BMW X5 comes factory-equipped with potent engines, sporty-sleek style, and a wealth of interior luxuries, making it a joy to drive in Corona. But what if you’d like to enhance your X5 performance output or optimize your cargo area? Whatever your dream for your luxury SUV may be, there are lots of BMW…