What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,603 to 7,200 pounds maximum. Additionally, the X5 has a payload capacity of 849 to 871 pounds. This means that the new BMW X5 is designed to handle all of your towing and hauling needs on the Corona roadways. BMW of Murrieta takes a closer look at the X5’s performance specs as well as how this SUV can be equipped to tow off-road.
BMW X5 Towing and Performance Specs
While the maximum towing capacity for a BMW X5 is 7,200 pounds, if you choose to use trailer brakes for safer towing, the towing capacity is up to 6,603 pounds. How is the X5 able to offer such impressive towing capability? It is outfitted with a robust powertrain. The X5 comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission and standard BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system. These features enhance traction and trailer stability when you are towing bulky items. Riverside drivers also have the option of two different engines to choose from, and the engine choice will affect the payload capacity of the X5.
xDrive40i 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 engine
- 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque
- 849 pounds payload capacity
- 4,813 pounds curb weight
- 6,162 pounds gross vehicle weight
xDrive50i 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine
- 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque
- 871 pounds payload capacity
- 5,170 pounds curb weight
- 6,460 pounds gross vehicle weight
BMW X5 Tow Package
Ontario drivers who select the X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i are able to add the available BMW X5 tow hitch, which costs an additional $550. This Class III trailer hitch is worth consideration if you plan to tow heavy items on a regular basis. This feature boosts the X5’s maximum towing capacity to 7,200 pounds.
If you need your X5 to be able to tow a camper or boat off the beaten path, the optional Off-Road Package ($3,950) is a necessity. This amenity enhances balance and comfort so you can ensure you are towing safely even across more rugged terrain. This available package includes the following:
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: With the M Sport Differential, the X5 benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that improves control during cornering.
- Four Driving Modes: These modes select the best settings for the vehicle height, AWD system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. This helps you traverse sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
- Front/Rear Underguards: If you encounter bumpy or rocky terrain, underguards offer an added layer of protection to help prevent damage to your vehicle.
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: This feature allows the vehicle to raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches if traveling at a low speed.
Take the New X5 for a Spin with BMW of Murrieta
Now that you have learned about the BMW X5 towing capacity, it’s time to see what else it has to offer drivers in the Murrieta area by setting up a test drive at BMW of Murrieta. While you’re here you can explore our extensive X5 inventory, including our black X5 SUVs If you have any questions about the X5 or the vehicle financing process, do not hesitate to contact us. You can also compare the X5 vs. X3 to help you find the perfect BMW crossover.
Learn More at BMW of Murrieta
Have you always dreamed of driving a luxury BMW vehicle in Corona? If you’re shopping on a budget, you’d do well to consider the loaner cars for sale at BMW of Murrieta. What are the benefits of buying a loaner car from the dealer? For starters, you should know that when you buy a loaner car for…
BMW of Murrieta, now located at 41430 Auto Mall Parkway Murrieta, CA 92562, recently celebrated the grand opening of its beautiful new Southern California facility. At nearly 70,000 square feet, it is BMW’s most-advanced dealership to date with myriad customer amenities and state-of-the art technology. “Our company has had the privilege of doing business in California since 1983,” said Rick Hendrick, chairman of…
The 2019 BMW X3 can tow up to 4,400 pounds. This ability makes it perfect for drivers in the Corona area who are looking for a luxury SUV that does not sacrifice power and performance. Let’s take a closer look at the towing, payload, and performance capabilities of the exciting new X3. We want to…