Even when you rotate your tires at all the required intervals, they will eventually need to be replaced. When the time comes to get new BMW tires, you might want to try out a different type than what you had previously. There’s no blanket answer for what BMW tires are the best – it should be based on which BMW model you’re driving, what type of performance you’re looking for on Corona streets, and other factors. Learn how to choose the right BMW tires and rims for your luxury vehicle with BMW of Murrieta!
First, Determine Your BMW Tire Size
Every BMW vehicle comes with a recommended tire size. It’s important that you adhere to BMW’s recommendation for your vehicle, as tires too big or too small can lead to vehicle damage and performance issues. You can find your BMW tire size listed in the owner’s manual, or on the driver-side door jamb.
You can also consult the BMW of Murrieta tire center online. Simply enter your model year, select BMW as your make, then choose your model and trim level, and you’ll be presented with a comprehensive selection of tires designed to fit your BMW!
Choosing the Right Type of Tire
There are lots of different BMW tires available across all tire sizes. Typically, the best way to narrow your choices is to consider how you need your tires to perform.
- Summer Tires – Summer tires provide optimal performance in warm weather, making them a popular choice among BMW drivers in Southern California. However, they’re not designed for year-round use and must be changed if you live or drive in an area where the temperatures can drop near or below freezing.
- Winter Tires – Winter tires are designed to provide better traction on snow and ice. If your family makes frequent weekend trips to Big Bear Lake in the winter, you might get good use out of winter tires. However, they can hinder your fuel-efficiency on dry roads and in warm weather, so they’re likely not the best option for most Riverside residents.
- All-Season/All-Weather Tires – All-season or all-weather BMW tires are a great choice for Murrieta drivers who want to have good traction during the winter rainy season, without a need to change their tires again in the summer. These tires are a compromise between summer and winter tires, so your car’s performance isn’t compromised either way.
- Off-Road Tires – If you drive off the pavement a lot, a light off-road tire could be a good option. They have more rubber on them so they can perform well off-road, but the compromise is that they can reduce fuel economy on-road.
- Run-Flat Tires – Many BMW vehicles come standard equipped with run-flat tires. If your tire gets punctured while driving in Ontario, you can continue driving on them for up to 50 miles before you need to replace them or put on a BMW spare tire.
- DOT R Compound Tires – Driving a high-performance BMW coupe or sedan? DOT R compound tires are racing tires that are street-legal in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation regulations. They look slick and can help you make the most of your performance sedan’s capabilities, but can be unsafe on wet pavement as they don’t have great traction.
What Tire Brands Work for BMW?
All major tire brands will work for your BMW vehicle, including:
BMW Tires and Rims at BMW of Murrieta
All-season or run-flat tires don’t leave much of an impression on our vehicle style-wise, but you can certainly make a statement by pairing your BMW tires with rims featuring the BMW logo! There are tons of options to consider, including double-spoke rims, chrome rims, matte black rims, and so much more.
BMW Tire Pressure & Maintenance
After investing in new BMW tires, it’s important to maintain them so they don’t lose tread wear prematurely:
- Get regular tire rotations according to the maintenance schedule in the owner’s manual
- Maintain proper BMW tire pressure at all times – the recommended tire pressure for most BMW vehicles is 32 PSI
Choose BMW of Murrieta for All Your BMW Tire Needs
At BMW of Murrieta, you will find a wide selection of BMW tires and rims available in our parts center. Stop driving on that BMW spare tire and order your new tires today! When you need a tire rotation or you’re having trouble with BMW tire pressure, our service center can take care of everything. For more information on BMW tires, contact us or visit us in Murrieta!